Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ziggy's Bar-B-Q


DALLAS: Ziggy's Bar-B-Q
600 N Pearl St

Dallas, TX 75201
214-969-0953

Open M-F 7-7


Not that I was expecting much from BBQ in a food court in the Plaza of the Americas in downtown Dallas, but I just had to grab a bite when I saw it. No ribs were on the menu, so I opted for a sliced beef sandwich.



I don't need to say much more than the photo below, but I will anyway. While the warm bun was nicely buttered and crisp, the meat tasted of fatty sliced roast beef slathered in Manwich sauce.



No additional bites were needed after the double thumbs down.

Rating *
Ziggys Barbeque on Urbanspoon

No comments:

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT