Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BBQ Snob as Cane Rosso Pizza Chef


John Tesar and Dean Fearing have had their shot and Stephen Pyles will be coming along soon to offer his unique pizza at Deep Ellum's Cane Rosso, but next Monday will be my night to share a couple of specialty pizzas. If you're not familiar, Jay at Cane Rosso has reserved Monday nights at the restaurant as celebrity chef night. I am neither, so I understand the confusion, but I'll do my best to smoke the competition. I've been working with Jay and Dino to create two great pies, so I hope you can make it out on next Monday, 12/19 to try them.

The first pizza will feature Pecan Lodge smoked pork sausage, a smoked tomato sauce, ricotta and fried greens.

Pecan Lodge sausage


Thin slices of black pepper rubbed and smoked porchetta will top the second pizza along with smoked mozzarella from Mozzarella Company, caramelized onions and mushrooms.

I need all the help I can get to outsell the giants of Dallas cuisine, so please buy one of each.

- BBQ Snob

3 comments:

dmarks said...

Your fine blog has been struck by "Sleestak Lightning" this morning.

Ben said...

How did the event go? I was unable to attend.

Twinwillow said...

I've got to get over there on a Monday. Cane Rosso is my favorite (and best) pizza in Dallas, by far!

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT